Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I FINALLLLY figured it out!

I received three file folder mini albums in my last mini album swap. I had been so intrigued by these mini albums...as a matter of fact I think I was the one who found them on posted the idea! The first time I tried to make one...it was awful! I figured I would just admire the work of my compadres and enjoy the ones I received.

I signed up for a one on one swap and I am sooo impressed with my partner that I decided to give the file folder mini album another try...for her sake, if you will. It took me about 3-4 days to complete, but the end result is pretty cute:


I started off with a red file folder. The folding is a little tricky, but as long as you have everything line up correctly, it will come out just fine. I measured and cut everything out as I went along, and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick distressing ink. The glittered "LOVE" letters are from the Target dollar spot. Those items are amazing and I am hooked! The flourish and the "out loud" stickers came from a Me and My Big Ideas pack.

On the inside is a total of 4 pockets that hold 4 large tags. Each pocket is elaborately decorated with various embellishments. On the first pocket, the ever so popular stickers that spell out "KISS" comes from Dollar Tree...check the section where they have stickers for the walls. Can you believe? I finished it off with a kiss stamp that came from Michael's, the Valentine Day $1 stamps and a couple of prima flowers with button centers. The second pocket has wide black and white polka dot ribbon and a heat embossed rose that I scored in my embellished stamp swap.

Pocket number 3 has a bingo card on it, along with a distressed stamp of a beautfiul gown. I found this stamp a Big Lots for 50 cents! I also put a heart doilie around the tag, more so for some texture. The last pocket holds a tag with a huge piece of lace tied around it. Hearts were cut out and placed at the bottom with pop dots for dimension. Then, of course, some bling!

No comments:

Post a Comment