Monday, February 17, 2014

OOPS! I did it AGAIN!

After seeing my layout amongst the DCWV top 10 in December, I decided to give it another try for January.  Here is what I came up with: 


...And wouldn't you know it!  My layout was selected again!  You can't even begin to imagine how very excited I was!  I spent 2 weeks off and on working on this layout.  I knew I wanted to make it a masculine layout, but sometimes masculine layouts can appear "plain."  The challenge with masculine layouts is trying to embellish them without flowers and fru!  I think I did a pretty decent job of using The DCWV Guy Stack on this layout!

For the February Stackaholic challenge, I decided to go WILD:


There was no second guessing the use of the DCWV Gone Wild Stack for this layout of myself and my girlfriends at my wedding in the Riviera Maya, Mexico.  I love all of the vibrantly colored animal printed papers agains the all black zebra printed paper from the stack as well.  Fingers crossed for the 3-Peat!

Here are a two other layouts I worked on this month:


This one was inspired by a layout that I had filed away in my favorites over at Scrapbook.com.  I created this for the Scrap Your Favorites Challenge and the Use Your Scraps Challenge.  I LOVE the way this turned out...bright and full of personality, just like the subject!  He has a birthday this week, by the way!

 

This one was done for the Round Robin Challenge over at Scrapbook.com.  Even though it is a Christmas picture, I totally gave it a Valentine spin!  I used my Cricut to cut the word LOVE, utilizing hearts as the "O."  I've gotten very comfortable with tearing papers...here I layered it on top of a sheet of printed paper from one of my K & Company stacks that I've hoarded for some time now!

Be sure to come back to check out some of the FABULOUS swap items I received.  I am in the process of closing out 2 swaps on sb.com, then I am going to take a bit of a swap sabatical, to focus solely on my layouts and mini albums.

SMOOCHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment