Sunday, July 13, 2014

Playing Catch Up

Well, I started off the year ON FIRE!  Now that I am on vacation, I'm guilty of doing more resting and exercising than creating.  You see, in 15 days I will be FORTY YEARS OLD!  Yes, an official middle ager.  The thought of that is a bit distubing, especially when my mother broke it down for me a few weeks ago.  However, I look good and I feel great so I suppose that's all that really matters!

One of my design teams shut down, so I am still busy designing for Black With 2 and Stick It Down.  Here is my latest work for the Black with 2 Challenge blog:

 
 
I don't think I've EVER used orange and black together for anything other than Halloween projects!  Our inspiration word was Tropicana, and luckily I had some wonderful sunset pictures from our most recent vacation.

Here is the inspiration board:


Pretty neat, huh?  Be sure to play along with us!  There are some wonderful prizes up for grabs.

My last Stick It Down DT submission was a layout of myself!  Very rarely does that happen, especially not one of "Just Me:"

 
I am LOVING the black and white striped papers this summer.  I have used them on tags and ATCs...I think it is so versatile and it looks good paired with ANY color.  I know the mix of papers is a bit risque, but for some reason they all worked!  The doily, I think, really set the entire layout off (in a good way.)  I pulled from random embellies that were laying around on my scrap table.  If you saw my scrap table you would see why that was an easy thing to do.  Can you say S"crap" everywhere???  

Here is my additional guest designer project for the Sketch - N - Scrap Challeng blog:

 
 
This is a western themed layout of my son and one of his very best friends from school.  We are the Wranglers at school so the students get tons of opportunities to dress up in their western wear (Fair Day, Rodeo, etc.)
 
Lastly, I decided to play along with DCWV again for their July Stackaholics Challenge.  Here is my latest layout (finished last night:)
 
 
This is a layout of my cousin and I at my at home wedding reception (we had a destination wedding the week before.)  When I looked at this picture, the first thing that came to my mind was Princess Dollface, so that is what I entitled it!  She is such a ball of sunshine and she danced with me all night!  Here is the sketch I followed:

 
I have a few more projects I have to finish before the end of next week.  We have 3 upcoming trips planned so I need to get moving!
 
SMOOCHES!


No comments:

Post a Comment